Friday, November 10, 2006

Ewe Hoo the interview

How long have you been beading?
I have been beading for over a year now, but I have been involved with crafting, painting, creating, etc. for more years than I can remember.

What motivates you?
The love of creating something with my hands, the same thing that motivates me with knitting. Since I have added beading to my daily life I have a constant sense of accomplishment and I’m ridiculously happy. Who wouldn’t be motivated by that?! :)

What was your favourite product you have ever made?
I don’t have one favorite, but I do always like anything created with a handmade bead. The time and effort that goes into creating each bead is incredible - I hope I do them justice!

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap?
Yes! Two very successful Secret Pal swaps, SP6 and SP7 (and a couple of other knitterly swaps as well) - I was spoiled rotten and I am so happy to be able to help others spoil their Pals this time!

Any advice for the fiber/beading artists?
Yes, create what you love. Sure, if you are going to sell your work, you want to appeal to as many people as possible, but if you love what you are doing, the finished product will be better because you will take care with it and have pride in it. Your happiness will show in your work and that will appeal to everyone.

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models?
In truth, I am inspired not so much by a particular designer, but by the beads themselves. If I see a particularly beautiful bead, I will want to create something with it. Each design starts with the focal bead and goes from there. The colors, the size of the accent beads, and even the size of ring that fits on the needle is decided by the focal bead and what will look best with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home