Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Shelby Designs -the interview

How long have you been dyeing yarn/beading? I've been beading since grad school, I went to a local bead store and took a class with my mom. I've been stamping cards for about a year.

What motivates you? Everything! I get ideas from all over the place. Some times it's from colors I see in nature, other times I just start from nothing and see how things come together.

What was your favourite product you have ever made? I actually really love the "Waltz" stitch markers. And some of the "millifiore" glass bead stitch markers.

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap? I've been a participant from SP5-present, as well as a hostess from SP7-present. I love getting to know so many new people!!

Any advice for the fiber/beading artists? Go crazy! If you get an idea, go for it! Don't be afraid to try something new, you might just come up with something really special!

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models? All of the indie designers out there are fabulous! I really love how we can all put our creativity out there for others to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home