Friday, October 27, 2006

MamaLlama part 2 Interview

How long have you been dyeing yarn?

I have been dyeing yarn for a year, I just started selling my creations in September. I began with Kool-aid and now work with Acid dyes. There are so many color combinations when you start to use proffesional dyes.

What motivates you?

Everything motivates me! I see pretty color combos everywhere and make sure to write my ispirations down immediately. Right now I have themes that inspire me ( tropical flowers...etc.)

What was your favourite product you have ever made?

I have several favorite yarn colors. I have them sitting in a big bin in my living room so I can glance at them once in awhile. It takes all my effort not to snatch one up and start knitting with it! My inventory would be dented a great deal if I did!

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap?
I have participated in SP6 and SP9. I was nominated both times for best pal. I also began and hosted the "Gimme some Needles"Needle Exchange.

Any advice for the fiber/beading artists?

Have fun! Try lots of different things and try your best not to get discouraged and Have patience. Thats the hardest part for a lot of people including myself.

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models?

Dani from Sunshine Yarns! She was the one who sent me wool and Koolaid a year ago, and she was my very first customer! Dani is my biggest cheerleader. I really respect her because she embraces life and all the hurddles.... And , she dyes BEAUTIFUL sock yarns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home