Thursday, April 12, 2007

Foreign Strand- the interview


How did you get started?
The idea of starting an online shop came from picking up a copy of Vogue Knitting International back in 2004 and realising what Americans had available and English knitters didn’t. From there I was on a mission to create a place where English knitters could find some of the most amazing yarns and knitting accessories. Foreign Strand was launched in July 2006 and it’s the UK's only online store dedicated to knitting products from the Americas, however we are currently re-launching with some new products which will be sourced also from other parts of the world.


Do you knit, do your employees knit on the job?

Knitting is my life and work. I knit, when I have the time, which lately is not much. I don’t employ people to knit, I just ask my very dear knitter friends to help me out, in exchange for some new yarns or needles!


Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap?
I have been a participant since SP9 after a friend participated in SP8. I am now hooked so I expect I will carry on until the day I don’t have any more yarn in my house!


Are there any new products you were/are dying to come out?
I search all the time for new yarns and knitting items to add to my site. On the way is sock yarn by Lulu’s yarn, Tilli Tomas’ new patterns and yarns, Louet North America and lots of new exciting brands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home