Saturday, April 07, 2007

Jordana Paige



Jordana,How long have you been knitting?
About 7 years, I started knitting when I was in high school. A girl in my class gave her friend a hand-knit scarf and hat. When I saw this I had to learn how. I've been knitting ever since.


What motivates you?
The need to be creative and wanting to challenge myself.

What was your favorite product you have ever made?
I will always love the first knitting bag I designed, The Knitter's Purse. It launched my business. But, The Knitter's Satchel is currently my favorite. The pockets keep me organized, I can completely close it and the shape is great. Just don't ask me which is my favorite color because I love them all.




Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap?
No, not yet. It seems whenever I think of it to sign up I've missed the deadline.

Any advice for knitters?
Measure! Before starting a project measure yourself and compare it to the measurements of the schematic. Check the length, bust, waist, armhole length, sleeve length and neckline depth. You can even compare the measurements to another sweater that you want to copy the fit. It's so much easier to fix size problems before you get started knitting. Take the time to do this because you'll end up with a better fitting garment in the end.




Do you knit at work?
Absolutely. Knitting is my work. I design knitwear for books, yarn companies and magazines including Knitty.com, Vogue Knitting and Knit Simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home