Friday, December 08, 2006

Cherry Blossom the Interview


How long have you been dyeing yarn/beading? I've been dyeing for a little over a year, and beading for more than 2 years.

What motivates you? My love of DIY crafts and the desire to produce products that fellow knitters/crocheters/spinners will enjoy. I love experimenting and creating different blends of harmonizing colors, and definitely enjoy seeing them knit up. And my color inspirations often come from things I see in my life, from my view of Central Park to a pint of Cherry Vanilla frozen yogurt!

What was your favourite product you have ever made? For sock yarns, It's hard to say, since I've created so many colorways that I want to keep for myself. However, my favorite handspun product I've made so far is the "Bay Breeze" that is in my shop.

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap? No, SP9 is my first, and it's been great so far! I have a wonderful spoiler, and hopefully, my spoilee feels the same about me!

Any advice for the fiber/beading artists? Don't be afraid to experiment and figure out what methods work best for you. Also, the sense of accomplishment and the compliments from happy customers are well worth the hours of obsessing over achieving the perfect products!

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models? No one specific, but I am definitely in awe of many other designers and fiber artists out there - too many to name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home