Friday, November 24, 2006

fluffenstuff the interview

Another UK vendor that you will love!
Fluffenstuff carries some wonderful hand dyed Art Yarns and Jewellery standard stitchmarkers .

How long have you been dyeing yarn? About 7 months. Like so many others, I started with the Kool-aid,which I still love to use, but recently moved to professional Acid-dyes. I'm currently playing withabout 4 different methods of dyeing, but mostly I'm using the Microwave.

Making Stitchmarkers?
About a year on those. It is amazing how quickly then come togetherwhen the mood grabs you, so you can make many, many more than you would every need forpersonal use the the course of a beading session. I love working with Precious metals and Glass.Its all so sensual and exclusive.

What motivates you?
Producing tactile, sensual and vibrant things. Also, as a "bigger,faster" knitter, who hates small needles and thin yarns, I found that most of the handdyed yarns on the market are all for socks, and rarely do you get stitchmarkers for needles above7mm. As an entrepenuer, I saw the available gap in the market, making a product that I love,so I decided to just go for it.

What was your favourite product you have ever made?
Some chunky weight Tie-dyed Alpaca. When I bought it, it just feltlike a cloud, and it immediately wanted to become a skyscape. Some yarns just tell youwant they ned to become after all! So, I tied the skeins together, wrapped them in the correct manner,and then dip dyed them. I used a pale blue bath, and dipped so that half of the skein was aslightly deeper blue than the other. My fav Stitchmarker is this one (see attached). As it is not forsale, the picture isn't particularly clear, but I just love that the bead has a scarf in it! From a technicalview point, I've made better since this one, and some of the beads I get in the random ebay auctions I tend to buy from are simply to die for, but this one just makes me smile. It's definitly a keeper!

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap? Yep, SP 6 and 7, and now 9!Any advice for the fiber artists and beaders? Just have fun! Play with materials and find your own styles.

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models?
Annarella, Woolly Wormhead , Pixeldiva, ErrsieKnits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home