Saturday, August 04, 2007

Razzy Tazzy Knits- the interview

How long have you been dyeing yarn/beading?
I’ve only been dyeing yarn and beading for a short while, however I’ve had a love for clay since I was about nine years old. My mom and I would crowd around the kitchen table for hours making little animals and such with clay.

What motivates you?
I think the gratification of seeing the finished product. You work so hard over something and when you step back to look at it, you think “Wow! I actually made that!” Also, I get extra excited when I see other knitters/crochetiers getting excited about my products.

What was your favorite product you have ever made?
Hand spun and dyed sock yarn. Talk about gratification!!!

Have you ever been a participant in a Secret Pal swap?
Yes, I was a participant in SP 6 & 7.

Any advice for the fiber/beading artists?
Have patience; it can get a little cumbersome at times, but it’s always so worth it! Write down your ultimate goal and put it in a place you’ll always see it when you’re beading/whatever you do. It will make that goal seem so much more attainable.

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artist you consider role models?
The Yarn Harlot; she’s so smart, funny and witty. She’s such an inspiration to anyone that has any interest in yarn or the fiber projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home