Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Two Ply Two-interview

How long you have been, dying yarn, making stitch markers, knitting ?
I've been beading since I was a kid, dyeing fabric forabout 15 years, spinning for a year or so and actuallymaking stitch markers for around 6 months. Right now,Two Ply Two only has stitch markers available. I hope to have natural handspun up for sale before the end ofSP11

What motivates you?
I can't help but create things. If I don't have an outlet, I subconsciously find one! Most often, I aminspired by nature and things in the environment around me. AT other times I read or hear about a need and think of a project that will fit. I'm thrilled to have a place to be able to share my work with others.

What is your favourite product you have ever made?
I'm currently most excited about my lace-maker stitchmarkers. I read on a blog a few months ago about someone who was looking for a smaller stitch marker to use on smaller needles, but couldn't find any. I decided to try making a smaller double stitch marker that fits up to a US size 3 on the smaller end and upto a US size 7 on the larger.

Have you ever participated in a secret pal swap?
Yes, I was in SP10 and am currently in SP11. I also participated in the Spring Felted Bag Exchange.

Advice to aspiring artists?
Do what you are passionate about, have patience with yourself, and make time for your art.

Are there any designers, fiber artists or any other artists you consider role models?
I was originally an art teacher, so I have a ton of influences. Some of the most important ones are Elizabeth Murray, Faith Ringgold, Nancy Crow, Mark Rothko, Helen Frankenthaler, Claus Oldenburg and SolLe Wit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home